The EB-5 immigration investor program is intended to give foreigners with a significant amount of capital to invest in the U.S. and create at least 10 jobs to become eligible for a green card.
It is a program that many people apply every year in a bid to start obtain a green card through investment in the United States. However, without an experienced immigration lawyer AZ the process can be tedious and time-consuming.
In the recent past, the program has been reviewed and modernized by the Department of Homeland Security.
Below are the new changes aimed at transforming the EB-5 program:
• Provision of priority date retention to particular EB-5 investors
• Increase of the minimum investment amount to cater for inflation
• Reform specific targeted employment area (TEA) designation
• Removal of restrictions on permanent residence
Priority Date Retention
Some immigrant investors will retain the assigned date of an EB-5 petition that was previously approved when filing for a new petition
Increased minimum investment amount
• The minimum investment amount has been raised to $1.8 million from the previous $1 million to cater to inflation
• The minimum investment in the targeted employment area has also been increased to $900,000 from the previous $500,000
• Adjustments will be conducted in such a way that they factor in the aspect of inflation
Sometimes meeting all these requirements can take you several months. That’s why it is important to work closely with immigration attorneys in Scottsdale AZ.
No Restrictions on Permanent Residence
The new rules have been updated to allow derivative family members to file for the elimination restrictions on permanent residency status. It has also relaxed rules on interview locations and other application requirements.
Why you need a lawyer
Hiring a Scottsdale immigration attorney can help you secure an EB-5 investor visa. JCL Immigration Attorneys have helped investors across the world to acquire green cards through the EB-5 program.